From nursery to leading importer – spanning three centuries.
APH is the initials of Anders Perssons Handelsträdgård. Anders, the great grandfather of today’s owners, founded the company together with his wife Johanna back in 1899, growing fruit and vegetables. Soon the production of flowering pot plants and cut-flowers became an important part of the business.
Their daughter Olga showed evident interest in the business already as a young girl. She married Bertil Muhr in 1926, and together they slowly developed the nursery towards today’s core business of cut-flowers and coined the abbreviation APH.
In 1950 the industry of cut-flowers was facing important changes
Next-generation joined the business. Carl-Anders Muhr was persuaded to leave his studies and enter the company. He showed to be an endless source of innovative ideas. He developed and modernized the production, and in a few years, APH grew to be one of Sweden’s greatest producer of carnations and tulips.
The consumption of flowers increased constantly, and Carl-Anders started importing flowers from Holland and Italy to satisfy the request, making ground for what was to become the APH of today.
With his sons Johan, Christian, and Fredrik strategically placed close to the main European markets and growing areas, Carl-Anders started APH in Holland and Italy, and a new trading company in Sweden.
The trading expands
During the 1990s, APH became Sweden’s leading importer of cut-flowers with a broadening clientele. Local wholesale companies in Malmö and Västerås specialized in serving florists came under the APH umbrella. In summer 2008, APH moved to the newly built own facilities outside Malmö.